A Message From The Artistic Director
With spring fast approaching, I thought it was time for an update on how we are doing at the Mac. As I am sure you know, Covid-19 cases are declining and the vaccines have arrived. All of this is such positive and hopeful news. Venues in New York State have begun to open at very minimal capacity and that’s a good sign for us. I have heard from so many of you cheering for our triumphant return and asking what this summer might look like.
Just like much of 2020, things are changing constantly and we are ready to adapt to whatever comes our way. Right now we are able to say one thing for certain—we will not be able to start our 2021 season in May. However, we are focusing on presenting a very special season further into the summer. This means we won’t see the exact line-up we had planned for 2020, but we will create a season packed with as many shows as possible with something great for everyone to enjoy. Much like the rest of the country, and the entire arts industry, patience is key in determining what the plan will ultimately be. As I said at the beginning of the year, as soon we know you will know!
Many of you have logistical questions regarding tickets and subscriptions. We are still operating with a very minimal staff and we ask that you hold off on contacting us with questions until we have more information. Stay up-to-date with us on the website, Facebook, and Instagram, this is the first place we will post updates! Plus, our Mac-Haydn Online series is going strong with several events to keep you entertained.
Expect more frequent updates now that we seem (fingers crossed) to be turning the corner on the pandemic. We will be contacting you as soon as it’s time to start making your plans to join us once again for the magic at Mac-Haydn.
In the meantime, stay safe, stay healthy, and stay healthy
Producing Artistic Director
Donate To Secure Our Future
Your generosity over this last year has been astounding and I write this in hopes that you will continue to place your trust in us that we will be back. As always, your donations this time of the year are what propel us through the winter months and get us into the position of being able to open our doors and welcome you back.
- Angel Benefactor ($7,500 & up)
- Benefactor ($5,000–$7,499)
- Premiere Patron ($2,500–$4,999)
- Patron ($1,000–$2,499)
- Sponsor ($500–$999)
- Sustaining Supporter ($250–$499)
- Supporter ($100–$249)
- Friend ($50–$99)
- Ally ($25–$49)
Please note that this donation is separate from any ticket subscription or Founder’s Circle donation.
Support the Mac-Haydn with Amazon Smile
You Shop. Amazon Gives
- Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to Mac-Haydn Theatre Inc. whenever you shop on AmazonSmile.
- AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service.
- Support the Mac-Haydn simply by spending money!
We hear it a lot: "I don't know how you do it!"
Well, we don't do it alone. Our volunteers who you see ushering, in the food booth and coffee house are the backbone of our theatre and we are always looking for more.
- Housing: Maintenance and setup for our artists and technical team.
- Hosting: We are often looking for additional space for our talented and interesting teams. Please fill out our Housing Information Form if you are interested in hosting an artist for part or all of the summer. We will work with you to find a good fit.
- Distribution: Rack cards and posters around Columbia County.
- Cars: we have a small fleet that are stored for the winter. These need to be started up and taken for service and check-ups.
- Copying: Scripts, inserts, and other incidental things. It's a very necessary but time consuming process.
- Lawn Mowing and Gardening: Having some help with our extensive properties would be wonderful.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire further about becoming a volunteer.